Reusable lunch sets!

Posted by In Harmony Goddess Traditions at 10:19 PM

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

One of the things we hope to do here at In Harmony is to provide a place for our crafts to be shared with other people.

On our 'Boutique' page you can find a small sampling of items crafted by Jo-alle and Minnow that you can purchase by contacting us, at a party or at an event such as Earth Day Napa.


These are my newest creations. I made them for my friend's two children. They are lunch sets: Sandwich bag, two snack bags, napkin and tote. The bags have a velcro closure to mimic a ziplock bag.





Butterflies, dragonflies and glitter for a girly-girl.













More buggy-bugs and spiders for the boy.







I came up with these while looking for an alternative to those little plastic zip locks that we inevitably take with us everywhere. I tried using reusable containers, but they were bulky, they are still made of plastic (I feel there is enough plastic in the ocean already and wanted something a little more eco-friendly.) and I kept loosing those little lids.

Then... I needed a birthday gift for a (different) friend's child and added the tote to keep it all organized and a napkin, 'cause, well... kids need napkins.


Happy May to you all and may the sunshine warm your heart!!


~Minnow

Book your party today, and "come together, connect, and celebrate" with those you love!

2 comments:

In Harmony Goddess Traditions said...

I just found this blog: Fake Plastic Fish http://fakeplasticfish.com/
This Oakland woman is documenting her quest to become plastic free. Last year she consumed less than 4 lbs of plastic which is 4% of what the average person consumes.
She is my new hero.

Crafty Green Poet said...

those are adorable and I'm going to make something similar for myself as I need to take a packed lunch to work (its great working surrounded by farmland but there are no shops!), thanks for the inspiration